Wednesday 11 April 2018

NZL - Trip to Kamara

I really enjoyed our trip to Kumra! Kumara is a small town on the way to Christchurch. We did all sorts of activities in Kumara. We started off with the walk. I found it quit boring how all we did was walk to a massive rock and back. On the way back from the rock I learnt that someone brought a big rock for $50,000. The rock was on a mountain and rolled down into a house in the Christchurch earthquake. It now sits on top of a mountain and is called rocky. We did this walk with three teachers, Mrs Halls, Mrs Donovan and Miss Hamilton. Mrs Donovan talked about the rock and how it got there the whole walk with a good Irish accent. The walk we done was called "The London Dariy rock". The second thing we did was create acts for pieces of wring about Greymouth. We did these acts in the old Kumara swimming baths. We did this activity with Miss Evans and Miss Quinnell. I didn't really enjoy this activity. My shoes got completely wet and all my group didn't do the activity we were supposed to do. I found out that back in the day men and women were not aloud to swim together. They had separate parts of the pool that they were aloud to swim in. I might add as well that the part the women got was smaller then what the men had got. Our third activity was was fun games with Mr Mcdonald and Mr Dagoldi. We did the games out the back of the Kumara hall. My team won the river crossing. We didn't do to well with the launching activity though. Our last activity was the quiz about Kumara. I didn't particularly enjoy the quiz. I also do not remember anything from it. We did the quiz with Mrs Birmingham and Mrs Quick. We did the quiz over where all the big signs of information about Kumara were. My favourite activity was the games because Mr Dagoldi kept giving me handfuls if lollies. Overall I quite enjoyed the day.




1 comment:

  1. such a great experience! i love the way u tell ur experience. keep writing! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your comment.